Friday, September 3, 2010

Team Moon How 400,000 People Landed Apollo 11 on the Moon


Thimmesh, Catherine (2006). Team Moon How 400,000 People Landed Apollo 11 on the Moon. New York, New York: Houghton Mifflin
Anyone that knows me know that I love space. I always tell my students that I want to be an astronaut when I grow up. I attend every conference at Johnson Space Center that I can. I was surprised that I had never seen it or heard of this book. I ate it up. I always feel teary eyed when I think of all of the men and woman that worked in the space program. Their level of dedication is nothing short of amazing. I am totally in awe of the way that the men in Mission Control were able to do very difficult calculations so quickly with only paper, pencil, and a slide rule. People's lives depended on their computations. The photographs are absolutely fantastic. I would love to have access to all of NASA's photos. This book contains a lot of quotes from the men and woman that made the Apollo 11 mission possible. This is a must read book for anyone that is interested in space, or the history of the space program.

No comments:

Post a Comment