
Johnson, Angela (1998). heaven. New York, New York: Simon & Schuster.
I read the book First Part Last back in January and I enjoyed it, so I was interested to read this book. It made me feel a little blue. It made me sad to think about a young girl having her life upended when life at that age is hard enough. I liked reading more about Bobby and Feather, but I felt for Marley and also for Shoogy. I would actually like a first part last kind of book about her. Why did she cut herself? Why did she feel the need to be perfect? Why does the rest of the family seem to measure up to perfection and Shoogy falls short? I think that this is a book that my students would enjoy. Any of them with younger brothers and sisters would relate to all of the things that Feather does while in Marley's care. This is a book that the kids could relate to. I enjoyed the play on the idea of heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment