OK, I'm in.....you know I'm reading all the time anyway. I just finished A Child Called "It"...a story about severe child abuse in the early 70's and the teachers who reported it and got David taken from his abusive home.....I would love to say that this kind of abuse would not be overlooked in this day and age.....but unfortunately I think abusers are getting more creative...
I got home in time yesterday to see part of Dr. Phil.....it was about child abuse and our wonderful Valley was on...the clip about the girl in B'ville that was locked in a closet at home....that along with some other abuse stories that were soooooo bad makes me realize even more that abuse is still going strong.....in many cases the abusers are just getting smarter at hiding it or staying one step ahead of the law! How sad!
My new book is Identical Strangers.....very easy reading....about 5 sets of twins and a set of triplets separated at birth - on purpose - as part of a university study on nature vs. nurture....this set of twins in the book found each other when they were 35 years old. 9 of the children in the study have found each other....that means 2 sets of twins still don't know! What researchers thought this would be a good idea and then what morons approved the study??? There has been so much controversy about this that they now refuse to reveal the data they gathered until 2060 something!
I LOVE to read, so I am really going to enjoy this blog! :)
ReplyDeleteOK, I'm in.....you know I'm reading all the time anyway. I just finished A Child Called "It"...a story about severe child abuse in the early 70's and the teachers who reported it and got David taken from his abusive home.....I would love to say that this kind of abuse would not be overlooked in this day and age.....but unfortunately I think abusers are getting more creative...
ReplyDeleteRita, That book broke my heart. I have never been able to understand how peopel can do that to on another.
ReplyDeleteHeidi, you are going to get so many wonderful books to read!
ReplyDeleteXXXOOO
I got home in time yesterday to see part of Dr. Phil.....it was about child abuse and our wonderful Valley was on...the clip about the girl in B'ville that was locked in a closet at home....that along with some other abuse stories that were soooooo bad makes me realize even more that abuse is still going strong.....in many cases the abusers are just getting smarter at hiding it or staying one step ahead of the law! How sad!
ReplyDeleteMy new book is Identical Strangers.....very easy reading....about 5 sets of twins and a set of triplets separated at birth - on purpose - as part of a university study on nature vs. nurture....this set of twins in the book found each other when they were 35 years old. 9 of the children in the study have found each other....that means 2 sets of twins still don't know! What researchers thought this would be a good idea and then what morons approved the study??? There has been so much controversy about this that they now refuse to reveal the data they gathered until 2060 something!
ReplyDelete